Tuesday, May 22, 2012

8dp5dt

Remember my last post when I asked if I should test or not?  Remember how after that I didn't write any thing, almost as if I was avoiding all of you?  Well I was.  Don't take it personally I just wasn't sure what to say.  I got some really great advice.  Some said to test, that it would ease some of my tension. Some said to stay away from the pee stick, keep myself occupied with other things.  Well on Sunday morning I woke up with a bursting bladder.  Jason was gone on his run out in the desert somewhere.  I had to make a game time decision.  To Pee or Not To Pee.

I peed! And do you know what I got?  A BFP!  It was a without-a-doubt double pink line.  In fact, it has been my new obsession.  I  just love watching that pretty pink line appear.  I've taken one every morning since.  I noticed they weren't getting any darker so I figured I should email the Baby Maker and see if I can come in a day early for my beta.

And so I did! And do you know what I got?  346! Three friggin' hundred forty six! I don't have to go in for a repeat beta because it's so high.  But I will go in for a scan next week so see how the little bugger(s) is/are doing.

My symptoms so far haven't been too bad.  I do have some mild cramping.  Last week it was much worse.  This week it feels more like my uterus is heavy.  I have sore breasts, oh and constipation from the progesterone.

We are so very happy that we've made it this far.  But we  know how early it is and just want to take it one day at a time.  We are cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy.  We are very much aware of all the things that can go wrong.

If you know me in real life please be cautiously optimistic with me.

If you know me online, keep reading to see how the next chapter unfolds.

15 comments:

  1. Cautiously, but very optimistically smiling in H-11! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 346! Congrats on making it over a HUGE hurdle! Wishing you more and more good fortune as you move forward!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumping up and down....cautiously??? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And if I know you in BOTH?!? Promise to contain my excitement in person, but can't help it if I break out the exclamation points on the blog! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is going in the right direction - cautiously very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome beta! Yeah! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a fab number, sending you a "yay woop woop" x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! That's so fantastic! I'm thrilled for you, Kate!!!! My beta was in the 200's, at 10p5dt (I think..)So... I'm just guessing, but you may have 2 beautiful babies in there!!! WHOOPEE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent beta!!! woo hoo! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! This is great news and I am trying to reign in my happiness to a "cautiously optimistic" level. Nope, can't do it! I'm thrilled you'll be the pregnant lady on the plane next month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to you, what a whopping great beta : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news!! Congratulations!
    I remember the cautiuosly optimistic feeling. May you not have long to wait to let some of the caution go to the wind. (It took me ages to feel more secure.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Kate so wonderful!!! Congratulations to you and I will absolutely continue reading! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Kate!!! I'm cautiously optimistic for you. :) x

    ReplyDelete