Thursday, May 10, 2012

Egg Collection Update

Yestderday was one of those days that just dragged and dragged.  I woke up feeling nervous, anticipation coming out of my ears.  Egg collection wouldn't be until 6pm.  I wondered how I would make it through the day.  Some how I did but it was not a very porductive day.  I did my best to keep myself occupied until 5pm when we got into the car to head to the clinic. 

Every time we have ever gone there we've taken a different route.  Delhi's roads twist and turn and all pretty much look the same to me but somehow Jason navigates them.  As usual, we found ourselves on a road we had not planned on being but managed to find our way eventually.  Anticipating this I was able to remain calm and due to our early departure we arrived right on time. 

On our arrival we were greeted by the friendly faces of the clinic's team.  We were led into the waiting area and a few chats were had about us.  I was put in one room where I'd receive my PIO injection and Jason was sent into another room where he did his business (teehee).  Then we were on our way.  Yup, that was all!  We were there for a total of about 15 minutes.

Shortly after arriving back home we received an email from the Baby Maker.  Our donor had produced 22 eggs, 18 of which, were mature!

18  EGGS!

If you thought I was optimistic a couple days ago you should see me now!

18 EGGS!

Now we are waiting for the fertilization report. Tomorrow we decide when to do the transfer, how many to transfer and see how many we'll have left to freeze.

Did I tell you...

18 EGGS!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! So so so happy for you....over the moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING NEWS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!! That is so exciting! Great job, donor! With that many eggs I bet you'll do a 5 day transfer AND have several left to freeze. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC NEWS! Great job donor and clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo! That's awesome, Kate!!! Positive thoughts and prayers are being sent your way! I'm hoping that you hop on that plane in June as a pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!!!! I've been waiting for this update and I can't wait for the next!!! Come on great fert report!!!

    ReplyDelete